Welcome to the Inland Valley Humane Society & S.P.C.A's Animal Lost and Found
The Inland Valley Humane Society & SPCA endeavors to renuite lost pets with their owners as quickly as possible. Since not all all lost animals find their way to the Inland Valley Humane Society, we rely on the community to notify us if a pet is lost or found.
We are proud to now offer an online lost and found gallery of pet flyers. This is a courtesy service for the people and pets of our community. While we do review all ads for appropriate content, the Inland Valley Humane Society & SPCA does not conduct cross-references on the posted ads with animals in our shelter. It is up to the animal owner to visit our shelter to look for their lost pet.
Did you lose or find a pet? Click on the button below to post an ad or view ads posted by the public.
If you have lost a pet, please come to the shelter to see if your pet is here.
Kennel hours are:
10:00 - 5:30 Monday through Saturday
10:00 - 7:00 Wednesday
- Walk through all the kennels, if you see your pet, write down the kennel number and go to the front office. They will help you from there. Kennel #_____ Description_____________
- Check the local newspaper in the found pet section
- Look in the "Found" book located in the front office
- List your missing pet in the "Lost" book located in pet receiving
- Check the DOA list, located in the front office
- If you do not find your pet the first visit to the shelter, check back every two or three days. All incoming stray animals are held for a minimum of four full eight-hour working days before placing it up for adoption
- If your pet is wearing identification, IVHS makes every attempt to contact the owner by phone and/or mail to let them know their pet is at the shelter
- Be aware your pet may have lost its I.D. Make sure to visit our shelter every two or three days to see if it has turned up here
- To redeem your pet, you must be the licensed owner or have a note from the licensed owner giving you permission to redeem the lost pet. Accompanied with the note from the licensed owner, we will need to see a copy of their I.D. (ex. driver's license).
- If you find your pet, a redemption fee will be assessed. If your pet is not altered, IVHS offers an opportunity to have it altered before it leaves the shelter. IVHS will apply a portion of the redemption fee to the cost of spay or neuter at our on-site Veterinarian Clinic. This will reduce the cost of dog licensing in the future and add three to five years to the life of your pet whether it is a cat or a dog